You’ll find that Frontier’s culture of caring - built on professionalism, respect, positive communication, mutual support and inclusivity - starts when you first contact FNU. Your interactions with our staff may become part of your application and be taken into consideration during your admissions review. We strive to make the admissions process both easy and thorough to ensure your success. Applications, admissions criteria and important dates can be found below. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
Please take a few moments to review the admissions criteria for your desired program:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Post-Graduate Certificates (PGC)
STEPS TO APPLY
Let’s get started! Please select the link below for your desired program:
Master of Science in Nursing Application Steps(with option to complete DNP)
Post-Master’s DNP Application Steps
Companion DNP Application Steps(for FNU graduates)
Post-Graduate Certificate Application Steps
Non-Matriculating Application Steps
MSN Completion Application Steps
(for CNEP graduates prior to 2004)
Women’s Health Certificate Application Steps
(for CNEP graduates)
Each year Frontier accepts:
- Twelve MSN and post-graduate certificate classes
- Four Post-Master’s DNP classes (for certified nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners seeking DNP)
With top-ranked programs and affordable tuition, our classes often fill quickly. We accept new classes throughout the year, but if your preferred class is full and the FNU Admissions Committee has determined that you meet the admissions criteria, you have the option to be placed on the waitlist.
Any student planning to transfer graduate level courses, will need to submit all course transfer forms and course syllabus to the Registrar at email@example.com three weeks prior to Frontier Bound.
FNU students are eligible to transfer 12 credits into their program of study from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education. Challenge mechanisms are available for many academic courses, as well as clinical courses. For further information, please review the FNU Course Transfer Policy and Procedure, Challenge Policy for Academic Courses, and Clinical Challenge Policy.
- Course transfer forms can be found at this link.
- Payment for course transfer is due upon submission of your materials. Courses will not be reviewed for transfer until all fees are paid. Visit our tuition page for current tuition and fees.
- The Program Director or Associate Dean will review the syllabi and determine if the course content and objectives qualify for transfer.
- You will receive an individualized Program of Study (POS) at Frontier Bound based on any transferred course credit.
Visit our Admissions FAQ for more information.
Applicants with questions regarding their qualifications for admission to FNU should review our Admissions FAQ or contact an FNU Admissions Officer:
|Last name beginning with A – D|
Admissions Officer: Jelena Djuricic
|Last name beginning with E - K
Admissions Officer: Carin Brumback
|Last name beginning with L - Q|
Admissions Officer: Susan Morgan
|Last name beginning with R - Z
Admissions Officer: Katie Moses