Frontier Nursing University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program allows you to complete your MSN with the option to earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at FNU. You have the option to become a nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, women’s health care nurse practitioner or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner and earn your DNP without applying a second time.
Our MSN program allows you to easily continue into FNU’s thoughtfully designed DNP curriculum.
Students who want to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. When you receive your MSN, you may continue seamlessly into the DNP program and complete your advanced degree. Or, you may choose to exit at that time and return later to complete the DNP degree.
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- Graduate with your MSN or take an additional 19 credit hours to complete the DNP.
- Two brief on-campus stays**
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the DNP.
**ADN Bridge entry students entering the MSN program will visit campus three times.
Click the button below to view the curriculum for your desired specialty track.
“I wanted to become dually certified as a family nurse practitioner and nurse-midwife so that I could offer care across the spectrum of life.”
— Nena Harris PhD, FNP-BC, CNM
A key piece of the Frontier Nursing University (FNU) graduate online nursing specialty programs is securing a preceptor and clinical site. Clinical Site Facilitator Jamie Wheeler, MA, spends her days … [Read More...]
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is pleased to announce winners of the 2018 Fall Term Circle of Caring Award. Congratulations to Rainie Boggs as the staff recipient and Jana Esden as the faculty … [Read More...]
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) alumna Jennifer Stevens DrPHc, CNM, MS uses her nurse-midwifery degree to help women across the world. Based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Jennifer is a midwife specialist … [Read More...]