Frontier Nursing University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program allows you to complete your MSN with the option to earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at FNU. You have the option to become a nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, women’s health care nurse practitioner or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner and earn your DNP without applying a second time.
Our MSN program allows you to easily continue into FNU’s thoughtfully designed DNP curriculum.
Students who want to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. When you receive your MSN, you may continue seamlessly into the DNP program and complete your advanced degree. Or, you may choose to exit at that time and return later to complete the DNP degree.
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- Graduate with your MSN or take an additional 19 credit hours to complete the DNP.
- Two brief on-campus stays**
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the Companion DNP.
**ADN Bridge entry students entering the MSN program will visit campus three times.
Click the button below to view the curriculum for your desired specialty track.
“I wanted to become dually certified as a family nurse practitioner and nurse-midwife so that I could offer care across the spectrum of life.”
— Nena Harris PhD, FNP-BC, CNM
Jill Davenport served as a Courier for Frontier Nursing Service (FNS) from 1966 through 1967 in order to gain a sense of direction for her life. When Jill and her best friend, who both lived in … [Read More...]
Today, Frontier Nursing University (FNU) finalized the purchase of the Versailles, Ky., campus of The United Methodist Children’s Home and adjacent property. The properties have been under contract … [Read More...]
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is excited to announce the launch of our new website at www.Frontier.edu! We believe the redesign does a great job capturing the incredible atmosphere of our … [Read More...]