Master of Science in Nursing
Frontier Nursing University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program allows you to complete your MSN with the option to earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. You have the option to become a nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, women’s health care nurse practitioner or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner.
Ready to Apply?
Our MSN program allows you to easily continue into FNU’s thoughtfully designed DNP curriculum. Students who want to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. After receiving your MSN, you have the option to continue on to complete the DNP program. Or, you may choose to exit at that time and return later to complete the DNP degree.
“You feel a part of a greater cause.”
- Andrea Gutwein, MSN Student, Nurse-Midwifery
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- Graduate with your MSN or continue on to complete the DNP.
- Enjoy two brief campus immersion experiences.
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the DNP.
- 96% of 150+ faculty members are certified nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners.
In October, Frontier Nursing University welcomed FNU alumna Dr. Eva Fried, DNP, CNM, WHNP as the Clinical Director for the Department of Midwifery and Women’s Health. We sat down with Dr. Fried to get … Read More...
After three years off, Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is bringing back the Courier Program! The Courier Program is an eight-week rural and public health service-learning program. It has a rich … Read More...
This year, Frontier Nursing University’s (FNU) Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) encouraged community members to participate in the MLK Day of Service Challenge! MLK Day, honoring Rev. … Read More...