Frontier Nursing University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program allows you to complete your MSN with the option to earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at FNU. You have the option to become a nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, women’s health care nurse practitioner or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner and earn your DNP without applying a second time.
Our MSN program allows you to easily continue into FNU’s thoughtfully designed DNP curriculum.
Students who want to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. When you receive your MSN, you have the option to transition the Companion DNP program via a direct admission process and complete your advanced degree. Or, you may choose to exit at that time and return later to complete the DNP degree.
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- Graduate with your MSN or take an additional 19 credit hours to complete the DNP.
- Two brief on-campus stays**
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the DNP.
**ADN Bridge entry students entering the MSN program will visit campus three times.
Click the button below to view the curriculum for your desired specialty track.
“I wanted to become dually certified as a family nurse practitioner and nurse-midwife so that I could offer care across the spectrum of life.”
— Nena Harris PhD, FNP-BC, CNM
At the heart of Frontier Nursing University is a talented and diverse community of students, alumni, faculty, staff, Couriers and preceptors. Spotlight blogs feature members of our FNU community that … [Read More...]
The 64th Annual American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) Meeting was held May 18-22, 2019 in National Harbor, MD at the Gaylord Resort & Convention Center with nearly 2000 attendees from across … [Read More...]
Versailles, Ky. – Dr. Joycelyn Elders, M.D., will be the keynote speaker at Frontier Nursing University’s commencement ceremony on Saturday, September 28 in Lexington, Ky. Dr. Elders became the … [Read More...]