Frontier Nursing University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program allows you to complete your MSN with the option to earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at FNU. You have the option to become a nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, women’s health care nurse practitioner or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner and earn your DNP without applying a second time.
Our MSN program allows you to easily continue into FNU’s thoughtfully designed DNP curriculum.
Students who want to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. When you receive your MSN, you have the option to transition the Companion DNP program via a direct admission process and complete your advanced degree. Or, you may choose to exit at that time and return later to complete the DNP degree.
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- Graduate with your MSN or take an additional 19 credit hours to complete the DNP.
- Two brief on-campus stays**
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the DNP.
**ADN Bridge entry students entering the MSN program will visit campus three times.
Click the button below to view the curriculum for your desired specialty track.
“I wanted to become dually certified as a family nurse practitioner and nurse-midwife so that I could offer care across the spectrum of life.”
— Nena Harris PhD, FNP-BC, CNM
Alumni, faculty and guests of Frontier Nursing University (FNU) embarked for a four-night adventure on the high seas March 24th, 2019. Aboard the Carnival Liberty, more than 150 cruisers headed for … [Read More...]
At the heart of Frontier Nursing University is a talented and diverse community of faculty, students, alumni and preceptors. Spotlight blogs feature members of our FNU community that are focused on … [Read More...]
Rankings by several top researchers and sources have recognized Frontier Nursing University (FNU) as one of the leading nursing education programs in the country, particularly in the category of … [Read More...]