Frontier Nursing University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program allows you to complete your MSN with the option to earn a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at FNU. You have the option to become a nurse-midwife, family nurse practitioner, women’s health care nurse practitioner or psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner and earn your DNP without applying a second time.
Our MSN program allows you to easily continue into FNU’s thoughtfully designed DNP curriculum.
Students who want to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife or Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. When you receive your MSN, you have the option to transition the Companion DNP program via a direct admission process and complete your advanced degree. Or, you may choose to exit at that time and return later to complete the DNP degree.
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- Graduate with your MSN or take an additional 21 credit hours to complete the DNP.
- Two brief on-campus stays**
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the DNP.
Click the button below to view the curriculum for your desired specialty track.
“I wanted to become dually certified as a family nurse practitioner and nurse-midwife so that I could offer care across the spectrum of life.”
— Nena Harris PhD, FNP-BC, CNM
Onidis Lopez is a Frontier Nursing University (FNU) master of science in nursing (MSN), doctor of nursing practice (DNP) alumna, but she was a midwife long before arriving at FNU for Frontier Bound. … [Read More...]
National Nurse Practitioner Week is always an exciting time for Frontier Nursing University (FNU). This year was particularly noteworthy as the celebration corresponded with the 50th anniversary of … [Read More...]
Heidi Hagan is a current Frontier Nursing University (FNU) student working to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, a passion born from her own life experience. In 2003, Hagan went through a life-changing … [Read More...]