Click here to complete the Application Form and be prepared to upload or request the items listed below.
- Essay #1: Goal Statement Essay: Prepare a well-crafted essay (300-500 words) that communicates to the Admissions Committee your goals as a DNP prepared nurse-midwife or nurse practitioner. Use one or more of the DNP Essentials to help articulate your goals: http://www.aacnnursing.org/Portals/42/Publications/DNPEssentials.pdf
- Essay #2: Graduate education is rigorous. From the experience of Frontier doctoral students, full-time study requires a commitment of 25-30 hours a week. This will require adjustments to your current work and family life. It is important that you take time to consider how you will integrate graduate school into your current situation. Please write a well-crafted statement (200-300 words) about how you plan to fit the rigors and time commitment of graduate education into your life situation of work and family.
- Resume: Please prepare a resume that follows the example found here: Example Resume
Three (3) Health Professional References
Arrange for three health professional references who can speak to your ability/potential to serve as a leader in nursing. You will submit an electronic request to your references as part of the application. Of the 3 references, 2 must be supervisory references. Some examples of supervisory are nursing supervisor, faculty from the applicant’s nursing school, an MD, CNM, NP, or PA who work with the applicant. One can be a professional peer.
Frontier Nursing University requires final and official transcripts from all previous attempted/completed nursing courses and nursing degrees. Transcripts from unrelated degrees and/or courses are not required.
For a more rapid receipt of your transcript, we encourage official transcripts to be submitted electronically via Parchment, the National Clearinghouse or from the degree/course granting institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If submitting transcripts electronically is not an option, transcripts should be mailed to the address listed below. In the event the transcripts are mailed to you, they should be forwarded to the FNU Admission Office. PLEASE do not open the envelopes—doing so will result in your transcripts becoming unofficial which will delay your application process. Official transcripts must be final and show your degree conferred date and name of the degree.
Frontier Nursing University
ATTN: Admissions Office
2050 Lexington Road
Versailles, KY 40383
* All online applications and required packet materials must be received in the admission office by the close of business, 5:00 PM (EST), on the published deadline date.
* Frontier does not acknowledge application materials by the postmark date.
License and Certification
Copies of a current RN License (with no encumbrances), a current state ARNP Licensure (with no encumbrances), and Certification. NOTE: Some states, like Utah, considers the APRN to supersede the RN license. If you no longer hold an RN you must reinstate your RN to be an eligible applicant.
Helpful Hint: Always use your legal name as it appears on your Social Security Card to align with federal guidelines and verify that your legal name appears on each document submitted (resume, references, etc.).