Please complete all three steps below.
Step 1: Complete online application
Click here to complete the New Student Application Form or here for the Returning Alumni Application Form. Once you submit the application, you will see a prompt for online payment options and will then submit your application payment. This will be the last step of the online application.
Steps 2 and 3 provide the information you need to create your admission packet that is to be mailed to the University. The mailing address is below.
Step 2: Prepare Essay Responses and Resume
All applicants must complete this step! We cannot overemphasize the importance for including your full legal name on ALL essays and documents.
- Essay 1: Goal Statement Essay: Prepare a well-crafted essay (300-500 words) that communicates to the Admissions Committee your goals as a DNP prepared nurse-midwife or nurse practitioner. Use one or more of the DNP Essentials to help articulate your goals: http://www.aacnnursing.org/Portals/42/Publications/DNPEssentials.pdf
- Essay 2: Graduate education is rigorous. From the experience of Frontier doctoral students, full-time study requires a commitment of 25-30 hours a week. This will require adjustments to your current work and family life. It is important that you take time to consider how you will integrate graduate school into your current situation. Please write a well-crafted statement (200-300 words) about how you plan to fit the rigors and time commitment of graduate education into your life situation of work and family.
- Resume: Please prepare a resume that follows the example found here: Example Resume
Step 3: Complete Application Packet
Please include ALL of the following in the packet:
- Three (3) Health Professional References: Arrange for three health professional references who can speak to your ability/potential to serve as a leader in nursing. Give or send the Professional Reference Evaluation Document to your three health care professional references. Have them return the forms to you in a sealed envelope. PLEASE do not open the envelopes. Please do not send more than 3 references. For the 3 references, 2 must be supervisory references. Some examples of supervisory are nursing supervisor, faculty from the applicant’s nursing school, an MD, CNM, NP, or PA who work with the applicant. One can be a professional peer.
- Transcripts: Request official transcripts from ALL institutions of higher learning previously attended (both nursing and non-nursing, regardless of the age of the credits, number of credits, and if those credits are posted on another transcript) to be sent to you in sealed envelopes. PLEASE do not open the envelopes—doing so will result in your transcripts becoming unofficial which will delay your application process. Official transcripts must be final and show your degree conferred date and name of the degree.
- Goal Statement Essay
- Time Management Statement Essay
- Copy of RN License, current state ARNP Licensure and Certification
Please pay close attention to the following:
- We cannot accept incomplete application packets, including three (3) references and all official transcripts from previous schools
- You must be a registered nurse with a current, active license in the United States with no encumbrances
- Please always utilize your legal name, as it appears on your Social Security Card, to align with federal guidelines
- Check each document to ensure that your legal name is used on each (e.g. resume, references, etc.)
If you are a streamline applicant (current FNU MSN student) entering the Post-Master’s DNP in the term following graduation from the MSN program, you only need to include one reference from a FNU faculty member in your program of study.
Note: You do not need to submit transcripts or evidence of statistics as we have this information on file. You will take the Advanced Practice Certification in the first term of the Post-Master’s DNP.
Complete and send the packet to:
Frontier Nursing University
ATTN: Admissions Office
2050 Lexington Road
Versailles, KY 40383
* All online applications and required packet materials must be received in the admission office by the close of business, 5:00 PM (EST), on the published deadline date.
* Frontier does not acknowledge application materials by the postmark date.