Frontier Nursing University is thrilled to announce the opening of our campus in Versailles, Kentucky. While we cherish our historical roots, we have reached a pivotal time in our more than 80-year history, recognizing change is needed in order to expand enrollment and program offerings and meet the needs of our students. We are excited to educate more nurses to become competent, entrepreneurial, ethical and compassionate nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners in order to improve health outcomes for mothers, babies, and families in diverse, rural, and underserved areas.
FNU offers distance education programs where students complete coursework online and a clinical experience in their own communities. One to two campus immersion experiences are part of the FNU journey, including an orientation prior to beginning studies and an intensive skills workshop prior to beginning the clinical practicum. Although we experienced delays due to COVID-19 in the transition of our in-person student events to the Versailles, Ky., campus, we are proud to say that as of May 2022, all Frontier Bound and Clinical Bound student sessions have returned to in-person events.
Versailles Campus Features
- Located in a rural county, our Versailles, Ky., campus is conveniently located less than 10 minutes from the Lexington Bluegrass Airport and accessible from major highways.
- On-site faculty and staff housing and approximately 85 offices allowing FNU staff to be centralized on one campus
- Lodging to accommodate up to approximately 100 students for in-person events
- Modern dining hall that accommodates approximately 120 people
- Expanded education and simulation facilities
- Large auditorium for events and presentations
- Beautiful 5K walking trail located on campus featuring several points of interest such as creeks, ponds, blooming meadows, wooded tree canopy, spring house, a silo, and lots of wildlife
- Fitness center for students, staff, and faculty
- Gift shop to purchase FNU merchandise
- Proximity to restaurants and shopping opportunities in Versailles and Lexington
- Historic house built in 1854 in the center of campus
Take a Look Around Our New Campus
A Message from Our President
Frontier Nursing University’s vision for the Versailles campus is to permanently establish the university as a national leader in distance learning for advanced nursing and midwifery education. The move was a difficult decision for us because we highly value the legendary history of our roots in Leslie County, Kentucky. Our mission to care for rural and underserved populations will not change, and the traditions we carry in our hearts will live on at the new campus.
The Versailles campus will allow us to expand enrollment, and our students will benefit from improved technology and program offerings that meet the growing demand for quality healthcare nationwide. In addition to hosting students, the new campus will be used as a national primary care and women’s health think tank for gathering nursing and midwifery leaders.
We hope you’ll join us in celebrating this “New Frontier” as we carry on the legacy of our past with excitement for a bright and innovative future.
– Dr. Susan Stone
President, Frontier Nursing University