“There has never been anything for which I have had more respect than the money given by charitable people. I know from experience that what you give, you go without.”
– Mary Breckinridge
Since its inception, Frontier Nursing University has relied on the generosity of its supporters to fund its programs. The lives of untold thousands of mothers and children have been touched by nursing and medical care supported through the gifts of our donors. Hundreds more have seen their dreams of graduate nursing education fulfilled as a result of scholarships seeded through gifts to the Service. Indeed, the work of Frontier Nursing University, even today, could not continue without the support of our donors.
There are many ways you can support FNU. Gifts ranging from donations for operations to trust instruments to testamentary gifts each provide much needed support for our work. Some of the more common methods are:
- Annual Fund Donations: Gifts may be made by check or credit card and can support the general operations of FNU, or be restricted to particular programs. Use our secure online giving form to make your gift today.
- Stock Gifts: You can donate your appreciated stock directly to FNU.
Charitable Remainder Trusts: These gift instruments allow you and/or your loved ones to benefit from monies placed in the trust during your/their lifetime. Upon the death of the named beneficiary, the remaining balance in the trust is transferred to FNU.
- Perpetual Income Trusts: These gift instruments allow the income from monies you place in trust to benefit FNU in perpetuity. The principal of your gift remains intact for the life of the trust, and the income it generates is transferred periodically to FNU.
- Life Insurance: You can name FNU as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy, or transfer ownership of the policy directly to FNU.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: You can give a one-time gift to FNU in exchange for fixed, recurring payments over the balance of your life. Upon your death, the balance of your original gift is maintained by FNU for its general use.
- Testamentary Gifts: You may make provision in your will to provide a specific bequest to FNU, or provide for some or all of your remaining estate to be given to FNU upon your death.
Each of these gift avenues has specific tax implications. Please contact your attorney or financial advisor for further information. For additional information on making a gift to FNU, please contact our Development Team: