Who is eligible for DNP Direct Admit?
Currently enrolled FNU students who are registered in one of the following courses: 715, 716 or 717 (NM, NP, WH or MH).
As a Direct Admit, do I follow the Companion DNP Program of Study or Post-Master's DNP Program of Study?
- MSN and PGC students who completed PC702: Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and PC703/PC718: Evidence Based Practice, and PC713: Principles of Independent Practice are eligible to complete the Companion DNP. These are MSN students who began their enrollment after 1/1/2014 and their MSN was conferred by FNU and PGC students who began their enrollment between 1/1/2014 and 1/1/2017 and their PGC was conferred by FNU.
- Students who enrolled in the FNU MSN or PGC outside of the dates listed immediately above and/or those that did not complete PC702: Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and PC703/PC718: Evidence Based Practice, and PC713: Principles of Independent Practice as part of the MSN or PGC you will follow the Post-Master’s DNP POS.
This Direct Admit application is for currently enrolled MSN and PGC students only.
If you are currently registered at FNU in one of the following courses: 715, 716, or 717 (NM, NP, WH, or MH) you will need to apply via the Direct Admit Application found under My Profile in Self-Service.
MSN and PGC alumni returning to complete the DNP should use this link to apply.
Steps to Apply
- Narrative Statement: A narrative statement of your goals for a project that will: 1) improve the current healthcare system, 2) promote quality practice or, 3) make a difference in the delivery of care for rural and underserved populations. This statement should emphasize your commitment to being a leader in your field and should indicate a particular area of interest that you believe can be improved as a result of your completion of a practice-focused doctoral project. The statement will be evaluated based on your vision for a project and writing skills.
- Copy of RN License, current state ARNP Licensure and Certification
- Background Check: Please be advised, a background check is the final step in completing your admission criteria to FNU.