Who is eligible for DNP Direct Admit?
Currently enrolled FNU students who are registered in one of the following courses: 715, 716 or 717 (NM, NP, WH or MH).
As a Direct Admit, do I follow the Companion DNP Program of Study or Post-Master's DNP Program of Study?
- MSN and PGC students who completed PC702: Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and PC703/PC718: Evidence Based Practice, and PC713: Principles of Independent Practice are eligible to complete the Companion DNP. These are MSN students who began their enrollment after 1/1/2014 and their MSN was conferred by FNU and PGC students who began their enrollment between 1/1/2014 and 1/1/2017 and their PGC was conferred by FNU.
- Students who enrolled in the FNU MSN or PGC outside of the dates listed immediately above and/or those that did not complete PC702: Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and PC703/PC718: Evidence Based Practice, and PC713: Principles of Independent Practice as part of the MSN or PGC you will follow the Post-Master’s DNP POS.
This Direct Admit application is for currently enrolled MSN and PGC students only.
If you are currently registered at FNU in one of the following courses: 715, 716, or 717 (NM, NP, WH, or MH) you will need to apply via the Direct Admit Application found under My Profile in Self-Service.
MSN and PGC alumni returning to complete the DNP should use this link to apply.
Steps to Apply
- Narrative Statement: A narrative statement of your goals for a project that will: 1) improve the current healthcare system, 2) promote quality practice or, 3) make a difference in the delivery of care for rural and underserved populations. This statement should emphasize your commitment to being a leader in your field and should indicate a particular area of interest that you believe can be improved as a result of your completion of a practice-focused doctoral project. The statement will be evaluated based on your vision for a project and writing skills.
- One Professional Reference: Arrange for one health professional reference who can speak to your ability/potential to serve as a leader in nursing. You will submit an electronic request to your reference as part of the application. Reference requests will be electronically initiated via an FNU Reference Form once the online application is completed and you receive a link to upload application materials. The required Reference Form cannot be substituted with a letter of recommendation.
- Copy of RN License, current state ARNP Licensure and Certification
- Background Check: Please be advised, a background check is the final step in completing your admission criteria to FNU.