Who is eligible for DNP Direct Admit?
Currently enrolled FNU students who are registered in one of the following courses: 715, 716 or 717 (NM, NP, WH or MH).
Who will follow the Companion DNP Program of Study?
- MSN students who began their enrollment after 1/1/2014 and their MSN was conferred by FNU.
- PGC students who began their enrollment between 1/1/2014 and 1/1/2017 and their PGC was conferred by FNU. If your enrollment is outside of the dates listed immediately above you will follow the PM DNP POS.
To determine if you are an FNU graduate that qualifies for the Companion DNP program please refer to the Academic Offerings in the university catalog.
If you are currently registered at FNU in one of the following courses: 715, 716, or 717 (NM, NP, WH, or MH) you will need to apply via the Direct Admit Application found under my profile in Self-Service.
Steps to Apply
- Narrative Statement: A narrative statement of your goals for a project that will: 1) improve the current healthcare system, 2) promote quality practice or, 3) make a difference in the delivery of care for rural and underserved populations. This statement should emphasize your commitment to being a leader in your field and should indicate a particular area of interest that you believe can be improved as a result of your completion of a practice-focused doctoral project. The statement will be evaluated based on your vision for a project and writing skills.
- One Professional Reference: Arrange for one health professional reference who can speak to your ability/potential to serve as a leader in nursing. You will submit an electronic request to your reference as part of the application. Reference requests will be electronically initiated via an FNU Reference Form once the online application is completed and you receive a link to upload application materials. The required Reference Form cannot be substituted with a letter of recommendation.
- Copy of RN License, current state ARNP Licensure and Certification
- Background Check: Please be advised, a background check is the final step in completing your admission criteria to FNU.