To determine if you are an FNU graduate that qualifies for the Companion DNP program please refer to the Academic Offerings in the university catalog.
If you are currently registered at FNU in one of the following courses: 715, 716, or 717 (NM, NP, WH, or MH) you will need to apply via the Direct Admit Application found under my profile in Self-Service.
Please complete both steps below.
Step 1: Complete online application
Click here to complete the Returning Alumni Application Form. Once you submit the application, you will see a prompt for online payment options and will then submit your application payment. This will be the last step of the online application.
Steps 2 provides the information you need to create your admission packet that is to be mailed to the University. The mailing address is below.
Step 2: Complete and submit application packet
All applicants must complete this step! We cannot overemphasize the importance for including your full legal name on ALL essays and documents.
- Narrative Statement: A narrative statement of your goals for a project that will: 1) improve the current healthcare system, 2) promote quality practice or, 3) make a difference in the delivery of care for rural and underserved populations. This statement should emphasize your commitment to being a leader in your field and should indicate a particular area of interest that you believe can be improved as a result of your completion of a practice-focused doctoral project. The statement will be evaluated based on your vision for a project and writing skills.
- One Professional Reference: Please use our Professional Reference Form
- Copy of RN License, current state ARNP Licensure and Certification
If you have not obtained your certification you must print, sign and mail the following statement with your application materials:
I understand that without board certification at the point of application I will be admitted on a conditional basis. I agree to provide proof of board certification no later than the end of the first term of study in the DNP.
Questions? Please contact the Admissions Office at 859-251-4691. Your complete application packet may be mailed to the campus or emailed directly to your Admission Officer.
Complete and send the packet to:
Frontier Nursing University
ATTN: Admissions Office
2050 Lexington Road
Versailles, KY 40383
* All online applications and required packet materials must be received in the admission office by the close of business, 5:00 PM (EST), on the published deadline date.
* Frontier does not acknowledge application materials by the postmark date.