Steps to Apply
1. FNU's Mission and You Essay: Choose one of the following essays. Your essay will be evaluated on content, organization, voice, grammar, spelling, and syntax. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org AFTER submitting your online application.
FNU’s mission is to provide accessible nurse-midwifery and nurse practitioner education to prepare competent, entrepreneurial, ethical, and compassionate leaders in primary care to serve all individuals with an emphasis on women and families in diverse, rural, and underserved populations.
As an advanced practice nurse, please state how you will contribute to the mission in one or more ways (minimum 300 words and maximum of 500).
3. Resume: Please prepare a resume that follows the example found here: Example Resume. Submit to email@example.com AFTER submitting your online application.
4. Three (3) Health Professional References: Arrange for three health professional references who can speak to your ability/potential to serve as an advanced practice nurse (NP or CNM). You will submit an electronic request to your references as part of the application. Reference requests will be electronically initiated via an FNU Reference Form once the online application is completed and you receive a link to upload application materials. The required Reference Form cannot be substituted with a letter of recommendation. For the 3 references, 2 must be supervisory references. Some examples of supervisory are nursing supervisor, faculty from the applicant’s nursing school, an MD, CNM, NP, or PA who work with the applicant. One can be a professional peer.
5. Transcripts: A transcript request form will be emailed to you upon completion of your online application (remember to check spam and junk email folders). Frontier Nursing University requires final and official transcripts (letters of program completion are not acceptable in lieu of final and official transcripts) from all previous attempted/completed nursing courses and nursing degrees. Transcripts for non-nursing degrees or courses are not required with the exception of applicants applying via the portfolio option. An applicant applying via the portfolio option must also provide an official baccalaureate transcript.
For a more rapid receipt of your transcript, we encourage official transcripts to be submitted electronically from the degree/course granting institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse.
If submitting transcripts electronically is not an option, transcripts should be mailed to the address listed below. In the event the transcripts are mailed to you, they should be forwarded to the FNU Admission Office. PLEASE do not open the envelopes—doing so will result in your transcripts becoming unofficial which will delay your application process.
NOTE: Official transcripts must reflect the following and be received in Admissions by the published deadline date:
- Degree name
- Degree conferral/awarded date
- GPA of ≥ 3.0
Frontier Nursing University
ATTN: Admissions Office
2050 Lexington Road
Versailles, KY 40383
IMPORTANT NOTE: After requested, it can take transcripts several weeks to be received therefore, it is necessary to plan accordingly to ensure all required transcripts are received by the published deadline date. You will have the ability to check the document upload account to review received transcripts.
- Portfolio Instructions for Non-BSNs If your baccalaureate degree is in a discipline other than nursing you must submit a portfolio detailing your employment and academic experiences. Click here to download the portfolio instructions. MSN Completion If you’re a graduate of FNU’s Community-based Nurse-midwifery Education Program (CNEP) and completed your studies prior to 2004 before FNU became a master’s-granting institution, click here for the Online MSN Completion Application.
Please pay close attention to the following:
- You must be a registered nurse with a current, active license in the United States with no encumbrances.
- Use the name as it appears on your Social Security Card on ALL correspondence. This requirement aligns with federal regulations.
Click the arrows below to view each section.