1. Essay 1: Choose one of the following essays. Your essay will be evaluated on content, organization, voice, grammar, spelling, and syntax.
Option 1: At Frontier Nursing University, we are committed to building a superb educational community with students of diverse talents, experiences, opinions, and cultural backgrounds. Please write a well-crafted essay describing what you as an individual would bring to our educational community, the advanced practice nursing profession, and the community you seek to serve. (500 word maximum)
Option 2: Please write a well-crafted essay describing a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered, either professionally or personally, and how you dealt with it. Identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the problem and any support person(s) from whom you sought advice. (500 word maximum)
2. Essay 2: Time Management Statement Essay: Graduate education is rigorous and demanding. For Frontier students full-time study requires a commitment of at least 40 hours per week while part-time study requires at least 30 hours per week. During the clinical portion of the program, students will be in the office or clinic on weekdays for 24 to 32 hours per week. Student nurse-midwives may need to be on call or be in the birth setting at all hours of the day and/or night. For more information, please review the FNU Catalog, “Clinical Experience Requirements.” All students will need to make adjustments to current work, recreation, and family life. It is important that you take time to consider how you will integrate graduate school, including clinical, into your current situation. Please write a well-crafted statement (200-300 words) about how you plan to fit the rigors and time commitment of graduate education into your life along with work and family.
3. Resume: Please prepare a resume that follows the example found here: Example Resume
4. Three (3) Health Professional References: Arrange for three health professional references who can speak to your ability/potential to serve as an advanced practice nurse (NP or CNM). You will submit an electronic request to your references as part of the application. For the 3 references, 2 must be supervisory references. Some examples of supervisory are nursing supervisor, faculty from the applicant’s nursing school, an MD, CNM, NP, or PA who work with the applicant. One can be a professional peer.
5. Transcripts: Frontier Nursing University requires final and official transcripts from all previous attempted/completed nursing courses and nursing degrees. Transcripts from unrelated degrees and/or courses are not required. For a more rapid receipt of your transcript, we encourage official transcripts to be submitted electronically via Parchment, the National Clearinghouse or from the degree/course granting institution to email@example.com. If submitting transcripts electronically is not an option, transcripts should be mailed to the address listed below. In the event the transcripts are mailed to you, they should be forwarded to the FNU Admission Office. PLEASE do not open the envelopes—doing so will result in your transcripts becoming unofficial which will delay your application process. Official transcripts must be final and show your degree conferred date and name of the degree.
Attn: Admissions Office
2050 Lexington Road
Versailles, KY 40383
IMPORTANT NOTE: After requested, it can take transcripts several weeks to be received therefore, it is necessary to plan accordingly to ensure all required transcripts are received by the published deadline date. You will have the ability to check the document upload account to review received transcripts.
Please pay close attention to the following:
- You must be a registered nurse with a current, active license in the United States with no encumbrances
- Use the name as it appears on your Social Security Card on ALL correspondence. This requirement aligns with federal regulations.