Frontier Nursing University’s PRIDE program is designed to promote diversity in nursing and nurse-midwifery by recruiting and retaining underrepresented students with the goal of becoming nurse-midwives or nurse practitioners. The diversity PRIDE program is open to all students wanting to enhance and highlight cultural awareness trends within the field of healthcare. PRIDE stands for "Promoting Recruitment and Retention to Increase Diversity in Nurse-Midwifery and Nurse Practitioner Education."
The PRIDE program focuses on many diverse topics such as ethnicity and nationality, sexual orientation, gender, military, age, socioeconomic class, and religious beliefs to name a few. If interested, we encourage you to apply for the PRIDE program while applying to FNU. Here are a few benefits to doing so...
Why participate in PRIDE?
As a PRIDE student, you will receive support services to ensure successful completion of your program of study. These services include:
- A reimbursement credit to your FNU account equal to the amount of the FNU application fee.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Access to monthly webinars featuring topics relevant to successfully completing a graduate level program of study and understanding what it means to be an advance practice nurse in a diverse society.
- Access to the Multicultural Center, a resource center that highlights student cultural diversity as it relates to global health and cultural wellness.
- Access to a closed social media group where PRIDE students support one another and discuss issues and current events related to diversity in nursing and health disparities.
- A travel stipend and scholarship opportunities to attend national conferences and represent FNU as a student Ambassador.
- An online Academic Resource Center (ARC) which provides resources related to time management, test preparation, study skills and more.
- Retention activities including annual on-campus Diversity Impact Weekend.
- Assistance in locating facilities for clinical practicum with the Clinical Site Facilitator.
- A PRIDE program coordinator available for consult as needed.
The PRIDE program holds regular events and activities throughout the year, including a Diversity Impact event, many targeted recruitment trips and various retention programs.
Click here to learn more about the Diversity Impact event.
Apply to PRIDE
For more information, please contact:
Student Services Coordinator / PRIDE Coordinator
Phone: (859) 899-2821
Fax: (859) 899-2921
“FNU values diversity and no matter what your background they find a fit for you and accommodate you very well.”
- Alesia Traeye
Family Nurse Practitioner Student
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is seeing yet another one of its diversity initiatives realized through Dr. Maria Valentin-Welch in her new role as Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer. Maria’s new … [Read More...]
It’s hard to believe 2017 is almost in the books! It was an exciting year for the Frontier Nursing University (FNU) community. Take a look at some of our highlights below and be sure to watch our … [Read More...]
This year has been a busy one for the Frontier Nursing University (FNU) Diversity PRIDE program, an initiative designed to promote diversity in nursing and midwifery. FNU is proud to recruit and … [Read More...]