As an FNU student, you will have exclusive access to our community map, which houses a network of nearly 13,000 clinical sites and 16,000 preceptors throughout all 50 states, while still having the flexibility to identify and add new preceptors and sites to our network. FNU students are encouraged to customize their own clinical experience that is unique to their needs and interests.
While students take the lead in identifying appropriate preceptor(s) and clinical site(s), Frontier’s Clinical Outreach and Placement services team ensures you have access to resources that will assist in identifying and selecting a qualified preceptor (or preceptors) in your program area who best fits your needs and interests.
We encourage students to start networking early as strong professional connections can support the preceptor search. If you are applying to FNU and already have a commitment from a preceptor, our team will instruct you on how to submit your clinical plan. We highly recommend identifying appropriate preceptors early in the program as rotations can be competitive, especially in certain regions.
“I found the Clinical Outreach and Placement Office very helpful in helping me navigate what steps I should be taking next and as a sounding board for my ideas and concerns.”
- Crystal Miller FNU Student
Clinical Placement Support Services:
- Community Map. The Community Map allows you to explore an extensive pool of potential clinical sites and resources located around the country. Filtering techniques enable searches by location, site type, and preceptor specialty to help personalize your clinical experience.
- Clinical Outreach and Placement Services. This team serves as your partner in helping you navigate the clinical site identification timeline and provides various resources to support your clinical site and preceptor search. Dedicated Clinical Advisors assist students with placement for clinical rotations using our vast, nationwide clinical network database. A dedicated Clinical Services Coordinator also provides attentive customer service to our preceptors.
- Regional Clinical Faculty (RCF). Regional Clinical Faculty are practitioners in your region who are available to help you throughout your time at Frontier. Your RCF will ensure your identified clinical site(s) and preceptor(s) are appropriate for your program requirements. These talented and experienced faculty are your mentors throughout the clinical practicum. There are over 50 RCFs spread across the United States to help ensure students’ clinical success.
- Clinical Credentialing. This team works to establish your site contract, exchange certificates of insurance, credential preceptors, meet state board of nursing requirements for clinical placement, and facilitate your student clearance at the site.
- Insurance. FNU provides general and professional liability insurance for all clinical students.
- Case Days. Case Days are held in-person or virtually across the U.S., enabling you to network with students, faculty, alumni, and local practitioners.
Learn more about RCFs and FNU's clinical support services in episode #2 of FNU’s All-Access Podcast.
“We just want to make sure that our students know that we are here to help them any way we can. We have tools and resources to help them conduct their search and are always happy to hear their success stories.”
- Katie Graves Clinical Advisor