Applicants must meet the following criteria for admission to Frontier Nursing University’s DNP program:
- Hold a master's of science degree in nursing (MSN), a master's in nursing (MN), or a MS in nursing OR have a master’s degree in a related field (such as MPH or masters in midwifery or other area) granted from a regionally accredited institution whose nursing programs are accredited through ACEN or CCNE at the time of graduation. To check your program's accreditation, please visit the U.S. Department of Education accreditation site. Applicants who meet the minimum admissions criteria will be considered on an individual basis.
- Be a registered nurse with a national certification as:
- adult nurse practitioner (ANP)
- certified nurse-midwife (CNM)
- family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- geriatric-adult nurse practitioner (GANP)
- geriatric nurse practitioner (GNP)
- pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP)
- women’s health care nurse practitioner (WHCNP)
- psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP)
- Have a current, active Registered Nurse license in the United States with no encumbrances.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from the Master's program.
- FNU MSN students in the streamlined program from MSN + DNP need to review the online application for slightly different criteria.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English and/or who have completed their tertiary education (level equivalent to U.S. college or university) in a non-English speaking institution, must take the internet based TOEFL (IBT) and achieve the following minimum scores: Reading 22, Listening 22, Speaking 26, and Writing 24. To be considered official, test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the University. Frontier Nursing University's TOEFL code is 5692. Please provide this code to TOEFL when taking the exam to ensure test results are expedited to the University.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements are evaluated individually. The FNU Admissions Committee makes all admission decisions.
Applicants with questions regarding their qualifications for admission to FNU should contact an FNU Admissions Officer at email@example.com.