If you are a registered nurse with an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) as your highest degree and have been in practice for at least one year, you can bypass a bachelor’s degree at FNU. In our ADN Bridge Entry Option, you will complete a series of courses over 12-months to prepare for a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). This program is designed for registered nurses who do not have a bachelor’s degree in any field.
The ADN Bridge Entry Option prepares you for a Master of Science in Nursing and a career as a Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
Upon completing the Bridge year, you will continue into Frontier Nursing University’s MSN program. All ADN Bridge students seeking to become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner will be admitted to the MSN program. (Please Note: While the ADN Bridge Entry Option application and admissions criteria are different than the application and admissions criteria for the MSN, you do not need to reapply upon completing the Bridge year.)
"Without this bridge program, my dream of being a Nurse Practitioner would have taken so much longer, or may have never happened at all. Thank you Frontier for meeting us where we are and 'bridging' the gap."
- Loy McEachin Watson
When you receive your MSN, you may continue seamlessly into the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program and complete your advanced degree in nine to 18 months.
- Become a Certified Nurse-Midwife, Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Bypass your bachelor’s degree and earn an MSN.
- Following the completion of the Bridge courses, the MSN requires 64 credit hours for Nurse-Midwifery, 61 credit hours for Family Nurse Practitioner, or 60 credit hours for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Full- or part-time options available.
- After earning your MSN at FNU, you can complete your DNP with an additional 19 credit hours.
- Three brief on-campus stays.
- Complete your clinical practicum in your home community.
- 675 clinical hours for the MSN plus an additional 360 hours for the Companion DNP.
"There are many successful ADN Bridge Entry Option graduates, many of whom continued their education to attain doctoral degrees. Some have opened their own clinics or started innovative programs to improve health within their communities. As you begin the journey to become a certified nurse-midwife or nurse practitioner, please let me know if I can be of assistance!"
— Jackie Brooks, DNP, CNM, WHCNP
Director, ADN to MSN Bridge
Jill Davenport served as a Courier for Frontier Nursing Service (FNS) from 1966 through 1967 in order to gain a sense of direction for her life. When Jill and her best friend, who both lived in … [Read More...]
Today, Frontier Nursing University (FNU) finalized the purchase of the Versailles, Ky., campus of The United Methodist Children’s Home and adjacent property. The properties have been under contract … [Read More...]
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is excited to announce the launch of our new website at www.Frontier.edu! We believe the redesign does a great job capturing the incredible atmosphere of our … [Read More...]