The Diversity Impact Program is designed to assist in promoting an inclusive learning and workforce environment at FNU, with a goal to increase diversity in the nursing and midwifery professions by recruiting and retaining underrepresented students to become nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners. The program is open to all students wanting to enhance and highlight cultural awareness trends within the field of healthcare. Learn more about diversity, equity and inclusion at FNU.
The Diversity Impact program focuses on many diverse topics such as ethnicity and nationality, sexual orientation, gender, military, age, socioeconomic class, and religious beliefs to name a few. If interested, we encourage you to apply for the Diversity Impact program while applying to FNU. Here are a few benefits to doing so...
Why participate in Diversity Impact?
As a Diversity Impact student, you will receive support services to ensure successful completion of your program of study. These services include:
- A reimbursement credit to your FNU account equal to the amount of the FNU application fee.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Access to monthly webinars featuring topics relevant to successfully completing a graduate level program of study and understanding what it means to be an advance practice nurse in a diverse society.
- Access to the Multicultural Center, a resource center that highlights student cultural diversity as it relates to global health and cultural wellness.
- Access to a closed social media group where Diversity Impact students support one another and discuss issues and current events related to diversity in nursing and health disparities.
- A travel stipend and scholarship opportunities to attend national conferences and represent FNU as a student Ambassador.
- An online Academic Resource Center (ARC) which provides resources related to time management, test preparation, study skills and more.
- Retention activities including annual on-campus Diversity Impact Weekend.
- Assistance in locating facilities for clinical practicum with the Clinical Site Facilitator.
- A Diversity Impact program coordinator available for consult as needed.
FNU received the INSIGHT Into Diversity 2019 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for the second year in a row! FNU is honored to be recognized as a champion of diversity in education and in the workforce.
Diversity Impact Events
The Diversity Impact program holds regular events and activities throughout the year, including a Diversity Impact Conference, many targeted recruitment trips and various retention programs.
FNU’s Office of Diversity & Inclusion is hosting the 10th annual Diversity Impact Conference, June 11-13, 2020, as a virtual event. The year will mark a decade of bringing together national thought-leaders and speakers to engage with the FNU community on important topics facing the nursing and midwifery workforce.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Year of the Nurse and the Midwife 2020: Increasing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion,” going hand-in-hand with the World Health Organization’s designation of 2020 as the Year of the Nurse and the Midwife. The Year of the Nurse and the Midwife was established to celebrate the work of nurses and midwives, highlighting the challenging conditions they often face and advocating for increased investments in the nursing and midwifery workforce.
For more information, please contact:
Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
Phone: (859) 251-4677
“FNU values diversity and no matter what your background they find a fit for you and accommodate you very well.”
- Alesia Traeye
Family Nurse Practitioner Student
On June 11-13, 2020 the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Frontier Nursing University (FNU) hosted the 10th Annual Diversity Impact Conference. FNU started this tradition in 2010 … [Read More...]
Faculty, staff, preceptors and students of Frontier Nursing University (FNU) recently had the opportunity to attend the 65th Annual American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) Meeting, held virtually … [Read More...]
The Diversity and Inclusion Office at Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is hosting its 10th annual Diversity Impact Conference as a virtual event, June 11-13, 2020. While this is the first year the … [Read More...]