The Diversity Impact Program is designed to assist in promoting an inclusive learning and workforce environment at FNU, with a goal to increase diversity in the nursing profession by recruiting and retaining underrepresented students to become nurse-midwives and nurse practitioners. The program is open to all students wanting to enhance and highlight cultural awareness trends within the field of healthcare.
The Diversity Impact program focuses on many diverse topics such as ethnicity and nationality, sexual orientation, gender, military, age, socioeconomic class, and religious beliefs to name a few. If interested, we encourage you to apply for the Diversity Impact program while applying to FNU. Here are a few benefits to doing so...
Why participate in Diversity Impact?
As a Diversity Impact student, you will receive support services to ensure successful completion of your program of study. These services include:
- A reimbursement credit to your FNU account equal to the amount of the FNU application fee.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Access to monthly webinars featuring topics relevant to successfully completing a graduate level program of study and understanding what it means to be an advance practice nurse in a diverse society.
- Access to the Multicultural Center, a resource center that highlights student cultural diversity as it relates to global health and cultural wellness.
- Access to a closed social media group where Diversity Impact students support one another and discuss issues and current events related to diversity in nursing and health disparities.
- A travel stipend and scholarship opportunities to attend national conferences and represent FNU as a student Ambassador.
- An online Academic Resource Center (ARC) which provides resources related to time management, test preparation, study skills and more.
- Retention activities including annual on-campus Diversity Impact Weekend.
- Assistance in locating facilities for clinical practicum with the Clinical Site Facilitator.
- A Diversity Impact program coordinator available for consult as needed.
FNU received the INSIGHT Into Diversity 2019 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award for the second year in a row! FNU is honored to be recognized as a champion of diversity in education and in the workforce.
Diversity Impact Events
The Diversity Impact program holds regular events and activities throughout the year, including a Diversity Impact event, many targeted recruitment trips and various retention programs.
Click here to learn more about the Diversity Impact event.
For more information, please contact:
Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
Phone: (859) 251-4677
“FNU values diversity and no matter what your background they find a fit for you and accommodate you very well.”
- Alesia Traeye
Family Nurse Practitioner Student
Diversity Impact News
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) is proud to celebrate diversity in nursing, which is why student Diversity Impact ambassadors, faculty members and alumni attend a variety of annual conferences that … [Read More...]
Frontier Nursing University (FNU) continued its initiative for fostering a more diverse, culturally-conscious health care workforce through the 9th annual Diversity Impact Student Conference, held … [Read More...]
Every year, Frontier Nursing University (FNU)’s diversity initiative sends student PRIDE ambassadors to conferences that highlight diversity in the primary care workforce. At these conferences, … [Read More...]