Creating a Culture of Impact
Advance your career and have a greater impact with Frontier Nursing University’s Post Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree. With our distance education model, your home community serves as your classroom.
- Complete your coursework online.
- Complete 30 credit hours in 15 or 18 months.
- In collaboration with your clinical site, lead a rapid cycle quality improvement project.
- One three-day campus immersion experience (orientation before beginning the program).
- Small cohort of students.
The DNP Quality Initiative
- Lead a Quality Improvement (QI) project guided by the needs of the practice site.
- Complete planning improvements using the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) “Model for Improvement” over an 8 week period.
- Learn about the process of working within a healthcare delivery system to translate evidence into practice.
Certified nurse-midwife (CNM) Iniko Sallee became a nurse-midwife to build deeper relationships with her patients, and now she is completing her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) to educate others following in her footsteps. Iniko graduated from Frontier Nursing University (FNU) in 2018 with her Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree (Class 148) with a […]
“We quickly adapted to offering and completing TeleMedicine visits, which has been a great way to bridge the gap for many patients, and we are still able to provide triage and medical guidance over the phone.”
Janice Macopson, FNP-C, DNP, has worked in healthcare for longer than many Frontier Nursing University (FNU) students have been alive. For 44 years, Janice has worked in various positions at Carolinas Healthcare System – Blue Ridge, an Atrium Health Hospital in Morganton, N.C. She became a nurse practitioner (NP) in 2001 and began her work […]