- Applicants are regularly pulled and added to the waitlist and an applicant’s spot on the waitlist may shift. Therefore, having the ability to provide an applicant with their “spot” on the waitlist is not feasible.
- Being on the waitlist does not guarantee admission to the University.
- Applicants may receive an offer of admission as close as two weeks to a Frontier/DNP Bound. Therefore, it is strongly encouraged to plan ahead for things such as being financially prepared for Frontier/DNP Bound and travel expenses, immunization records (refer to bottom of page), time off work, dependent care, and etc.
- Additional supporting documentation will not be accepted in efforts to increase chances of being pulled from the waitlist.
- It is possible for applicants to remain on the waitlist for UP TO two consecutive terms; Winter/Spring, Spring/Summer and so on. If you are not chosen from the waitlist after two consecutive terms, your application for admission will expire. In the event your application expires, you may reapply. If you reapply, you will need to re-send all new documents with the exception of previously submitted transcripts. Any nursing courses taken in the interim will need transcripts submitted.
- Only admitted students receive an FNU email account.
Once admitted, all health information must be uploaded into CastleBranch. Access to CastleBranch, and a deadline for submission, will be included in your offer of admission.
Below is a sample list of, including but not limited to, required health immunizations.
GENERAL INFO: Documentation of immunization or positive titers indicating immunity, all titer results must be noted as positive within laboratory parameters, equivocal and negative titers are not acceptable documentation, IgG titer results show immunity while IgM result show current infection, no exceptions can be made for the health requirements.
Mumps, Rubella, Rubeola Documentation
*Mumps – positive titer with IgG results
*Rubella (German measles) – Positive titer with IgG results
*Rubeola (measles) – Positive titer with IgG results
*Documentation of receiving 2 doses of MMR immunization series or 2 doses of the individual immunizations for Mumps, Rubella, Rubeola *Documentation of healthcare provider-diagnosed disease without laboratory confirmation is not acceptable evidence of immunity
Varicella (chicken pox) Documentation
*Positive titer – IgG results
*Proof of Immunization – documentation of receiving both doses of the Varicella vaccine
*Documentation of health care provider-diagnosed disease without laboratory confirmation is UnotU acceptable evidence of immunity
*Annual vaccination with documentation
*Sites may decline a student who does not have current evidence of immunization or may require that you wear a mask while in the clinical area
COVID-19 (full vaccination is required for Frontier/DNP and Clinical Bound)
*Novavax: documentation of 2 doses given 21-56 days apart
*Pfizer/Comirnaty: documentation of 2 doses at least 21 days apart
*Moderna: documentation of 2 doses at least 28 days apart
*Johnson & Johnson: documentation of 1 dose
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Applicants with questions regarding their qualifications for admission to FNU should contact an FNU Admissions Counselor at email@example.com or 859-279-0890.