Preceptors will serve as your mentor and help you gain the clinical experience you need for long-term success. Traditional universities have a few sites and place students in a rotation regardless of personal interests, personality traits, and learning style. At FNU you personally choose a qualified preceptor in your program area who fits best with your ideals, needs and interests.
Another benefit of the FNU clinical experience is you get to start networking early so you have strong connections when you graduate. Below are some of the ways Frontier Nursing University supports you while identifying preceptors.
- Interactive Community Map of approximately 13,000 sites and 16,000 preceptors throughout all 50 states.
- Regional Clinical Faculty (RCF) are practitioners in your region who support you from your first day at Frontier until you complete your clinical practicum.
- Case Days held across the U.S. where you can network with students, faculty, alumni and local practitioners.
- Clinical Site Facilitator who can help you think outside the box or can help you navigate the various resources FNU offers.
- Resources to help you develop networking strategies and learn how to communicate with sites and preceptors.
Learn more about Clinical Site Selection.