The content of a statistics course is about calculation of statistics and should include:
- Basic statistical concepts: types of variables, the normal curve, means, standard deviations, categorical variables, measures of central tendency, variability, bivariate associations, statistical significance, standard scores and percentiles, frequency distributions, differences between means, type I and type II errors.
- Descriptive statistics: frequency distributions, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, standard scores and percentiles.
- Non-parametric Tests: chi-square test.
- Correlation and Regression: correlation coefficients, Pearson product-moment, linear regression, internal consistency (Cronbach’s alpha coefficients).
- Inferential Statistics: independent and paired t-tests, analysis of variance (ANOVA), statistical significance.
All of this content is fairly common in graduate or upper level undergraduate statistics courses available at most universities, including FNU.