Applicants must meet the following criteria for admission to Frontier Nursing University’s ADN Bridge Entry Option program:
- Be a registered nurse with educational preparation from a regionally accredited institution whose nursing programs are accredited through ACEN or CCNE at the time of graduation. To check your program's accreditation, please visit the U.S. Department of Education accreditation site.
- Registered nurses who have an Associate Degree in Nursing but not a baccalaureate degree, in any discipline, will be considered for admission via the ADN Bridge Entry Option.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from the most recent degree (nursing or related field) earned.
- Be a registered nurse with a current, active license in the United States with no encumbrances. If assignment to a clinical practice site requires that the student practice in another state, the student is required to meet licensing requirements according to statutes and obtain the appropriate license.
- Have one year of nursing experience. For RNs with less than one year of RN experience, the Admissions Committee may consider other significant experience in health care including working as a doula, childbirth educator, and/or lactation consultant.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English and/or who have completed their tertiary education (level equivalent to U. S. college or university) in a non-English speaking institution, must take the internet based TOEFL (IBT) and achieve the following minimum scores: Reading 22, Listening 22, Speaking 26, Writing 24. To be considered official, test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the University. Frontier Nursing University's TOEFL code is 5692. Please provide this code to TOEFL when taking the exam to ensure test results are expedited to the University.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements are evaluated individually. The FNU Admissions Committee makes all admission decisions.
Applicants with questions regarding their qualifications for admission to FNU should contact an FNU Admissions Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.